Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 6: EOC: Me x 3

We spend money on all sorts of things. These things range between the spectrum of "needs" and "wants". But there is a certain psychology to purchasing. Why do we buy certain types of food or only this brand of toilet paper?
Women do the majority of purchasing and shopping in a household. They don't buy simply to satisfy their own needs and wants, but to satisfy those of everyone in the home. And nine times out of ten, the rest of the family is perfectly okay with that. They'll use whatever soap they find in the shower or whatever food happens to be in the refrigerator.
I have a few key products that I personally and regularly purchase. One is my wardrobe. I like to think that my "style", if you'd like to call it that, is free and easy and not too fussy. Today, I'm wearing a dress. This dress is light and airy and colorful; it perfectly exemplifies my kind of ideal outfit. Now, I am not one to drop a load of money on something at the drop of a hat (or at all for that matter). I go to Target because the clothes are relatively inexpensive and they are of decent quality. I won't ever go to, say, Betsey Johnson and buy five dresses and three purses just for the fun of it. (Although I'd love to.)
A second product I buy (and might actually splurge on once in a while) is feminine hygiene products. If there's anything women are picky about, it's their pads and tampons. (And anyone who says otherwise is lying.) There is a difference between Always pads and the generic pads. You get something extra... at least I think you do. I like the Always pads because I like the protection I get. That's what's most important. If a pad doesn't protect against Mother Nature, you better look for a different brand. When it comes to things like feminine products, VALUE and QUALITY matter above all else. I'll pay a little extra if I'm sure that I'm getting maximum protection.
Lastly, I love buying my Jamba Juice Strawberry Energizer Smoothie. Call it my weakness, say it's my kryptonite. It's what I love to get for a between-class "lunch". I believe I get a quality smoothie when I go to Jamba Juice. Other places are just imitators in my opinion. Jamba is the real deal. There's a great variety of products, plus they sell food and other goodies. They are also a socially responsible company, educating the public about the quality of product they are getting and how it helps the environment. I feel good when I enjoy my smoothie (which they fill to the brim, so I get more bang for my buck), because I feel healthier. I didn't just go to Wendy's and get some fries or a burger. I had something that made me feel like I made a good decision. And isn't that what everyone (especially women) want?

No comments:

Post a Comment