Thursday, April 7, 2011

EOC - Week 1 - Great Customer Service

A company is nothing without its customers. Scratch that. A company is nothing without satisfied customers. This truth lies in the fact that "Satisfied customers are more likely to be loyal customers" (Marketing: an Introduction, pg. 14). Why would a company want to spend precious time and money on continuously and constantly having to re-market to new customers? If it's really a good company, like Zappos or Apple, it will value customer satisfaction more than the customer's dollar. I had great customer service at a Sprint store recently, immediately having horrible service at a different Sprint store. Long story short, I needed a replacement for my phone. Store #1 was giving me such a hard time, telling me I could not get a new phone right away, even though I had insurance and a warranty on the phone. They failed to fix my broken phone to my satisfaction, so I decided to go to a different store. Store #2 IMMEDIATELY gave me a brand new phone, fully programmed, free of charge. After my ordeal with Store #1 (which, not entirely ironically, is now out of business), it is safe to say I will go to Store #2 from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment